All The Buildings In New York is a personal project of James Gulliver Hancock. An illustrator from Australia now based between Sydney, and New York. This project stems from an interest in obsession and recording of places. New York holds a special place in everyone’s heart, romanticized from Seasame Street and old movies like Rear Window and Breakfast at Tiffany’s. This blog records an attempt to make the city personal by passing a pen over every structure, hopefully making up for the time not spent in New York. This project has garnered a lot of attention from around the world, some of the press it’s received can be seen below. I hope you enjoy it too.
More of James’ work can be seen at http://www.jamesgulliverhancock.com
– 99% INVISIBLE New York as a Work in Progress
– NEW YORK TIMES 19 Lovingly Detailed Drawings of New York City Architecture
– ARCHITIZER An Artist Attempts To Draw All The Buildings In New York
– FASTCODESIGN Big Apple’s a big draw
– SYDNEY MORNING HERALD All the Buildings in New York
– ABC RADIO NATIONAL All the Buildings in New York
– DESIGN WORK LIFE All the Buildings in New York
– FREE WILLIAMSBURG All the Buildings in New York, Illustrated
– BRAIN PICKINGS James Gulliver Hancock guest blog – All The Buildings in New York!
– THE DESIGN FILES Drawn to New York
– THE REAL DEAL James Gulliver Hancock Tells Us Why He’s Trying to Draw All the Buildings in New York
– POPSUGAR Artist Spotlight: All the Buildings in New York by James Gulliver Hancock
– UNTAPPED NEW YORK